BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > EQUIPMENT USAGE, EXPERIMENTATION, HIVE PLANS, CONSTRUCTION TIPS AND TOOLS

Beekeeping Patents

<< < (2/4) > >>

Brooklyn:
Robo,
Great Videos.

Thanks
Brooklyn

magnet-man:
There is a big annual bee meeting at Ohio State University Extension at Wooster, Ohio. There is a very fine collection of old hives, equipment and manufacturing equipment. They have the actual machine that A.I Root describes in the book for making the rollers to make wax foundation.

CountryBee:
Hey Robo, do you personally use top entrance for your bees in NY?  Is it a good idea or bad idea?  Thanks :)

Robo:

--- Quote from: CountryBee on July 08, 2010, 10:24:30 pm ---Hey Robo, do you personally use top entrance for your bees in NY?  Is it a good idea or bad idea?  Thanks :)

--- End quote ---

I personally don't use top entrances.  Gave it a try and went back to bottom entrances -> http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,25982.msg203259.html#msg203259

Just my personal preference.  You will find others that swear by them.   I don't think there is a right or wrong way.  Feral hives use whatever they are dealt with quite efficiently.

CountryBee:
Thank you for the info, wasn't sure which way to go.  My hive count is now 5 strong with some nucs and I have started to make some woodenware.  But I live in central NY so not sure, we have skunks in the country always giving them problems but the winters are so cold..... wasn't sure which way to go.  I'll continue using bottom entrances.  Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version