Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Disappointment in the orchard  (Read 6714 times)

Offline minz

• House Bee
Re: Disappointment in the orchard
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2017, 07:46:53 pm »
neither of my apricots took. Had a great take on apples and pears.
Poor decisions make the best stories.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2017, 08:46:51 am »
You need a hungry Fe-lion. My wife's cat would never let that happen... We even feed her well. Unfortunately she has a bad habit of bringing them in the dog door and leaving guts on the floor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Eric
My cats used to bring in frogs alive and let them loose. My wife trained our dog to catch them and take them outside.
More recently we had a cat that would bring in live snakes and turn them loose. Luckily none of them were poisonous. We used to have snakes back in the 80s so my wife had no problems catching them and getting them out of the house.

J, I feel your pain. We plant 9 pecan trees at the farm 10 years ago and only 2 survived and never really grew much. We plan on moving them to our orchard to give them a better chance.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2017, 04:08:47 pm »
Mice, rabbets and deer are very destructive to young trees...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2017, 12:16:55 pm »
 Add dogs to that list.  Labs, for one breed, will gnaw a young tree to the ground
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

anything