MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > THE 2ND AMENDMENT

Feds violating the 1968 gun law... again. This is the third time I know of.

(1/3) > >>

Michael Bush:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/03/feds-enlist-police-to-scan-gun-show-customers-license-plates-report-finds.html

Kathyp:
The whole "gun show loophole" and selling guns to anybody online is directed at the stupid.  For living in the age of information, I have never seen so many uninformed in my life!

I don't know any gun show that doesn't have security including video.  If there were to be a problem the police could subpoena  the video.  This request is intended to intimidate. 

gww:
I have never been to a gun show in my life but like the gun show loop hole.  My view is the same thing that allows them to sell is what allows me to buy or sell with my neibor and freinds.

I reilize this has nothing to do with police scanning lisence plate but just wanted to be on record that I like not having oversite on my buying and selling.
gww

Kathyp:

--- Quote ---I have never been to a gun show in my life but like the gun show loop hole.  My view is the same thing that allows them to sell is what allows me to buy or sell with my neibor and freinds.
--- End quote ---

There really isn't a loop hole though. The laws of the state apply to the gun show also.  In states where private sales are allowed, they are allowed at gun shows.  If you buy from a dealer at a gun show, the same laws of background checks, etc. apply.  You can't order a gun over the internet and have it delivered to your house.  It goes to a dealer and the checks of the state are followed, then you take it home.

The whole argument is aimed at people who do not know the law and do not care to take the time to research it.

gww:
Kathy
My real point is I like to be able to buy and sell guns with out interfearance oversite or regerstiring.  I don't study up on the law and don't care that much but don't want it to go against me for things I do.  If I have more then one gun cause I think each is neat in its own right, I don't want to be on the news as someone weird cause I owned 30 guns.  A gun museum owns more then 30 and are not considered wierd.  If I die, I want my relitives to not be subject or worried about breaking the law when they put my guns on my estate auction.

If I do something bad with my gun then I deserve what I get but if not, I don't want to be bad because I own them.  I vote many times against my interest because I want to make enough money to afford a lawyer when I do what I want anyway.  I have noticed that every down turn in the economy that guns are the first things people sell when needing to eat.  I have bought some due to this. 

I know I am not bad and so do not like oversite.  I may even be really good someday if I save somebody with a gun though I admit I am very thankful I have never been involved in something like that even if I come out a hero.

Knowing that I am good makes me not want to be made bad by some law that is not there now. 

Like I said in a differrent thread, I have not bought a new gun since they stared registering every sale. 

I don't like some of the laws now.  Its hard to believe I am as liberal on other subjects when you see what I write here isn't it?

My point to all this is that right now I can do what I want with my stuff and with poeple I know on an individual basis.  I know by doing this that no one is getting hurt.  I don't want to be hurt because someone who does not understand this, thinks I am somehow doing something wrong and trys to make me wrong by just changing a law.

Cheers
gww

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version