ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > GARDENING AROUND THE HOUSE

Garden Updates 2017

(1/12) > >>

bwallace23350:
This spring has been a disappointing spring. Because of our non winter I have no peaches but because of a late hard freeze I am probably down 30-40 percent on my blueberries and it popped back my fig and pomegranate trees. Blueberries are my biggest fruit producer for me so that is a bummer but they are showing really strong growth and I just harvested the first of the berries and the fruit is big and tasty this year. All my other fruit is showing good growth except for the one chestnut tree that died. I do have fruit from my strawberries also but they are new. In the veggie part of the garden things are looking really good. I expect a good harvest of good crops unless something changes. All my veggies are showing good solid growth and we are getting good rain as of now.

How is your garden going?

Acebird:
They are claiming up here peaches and apples are going to be a banner year.  My trees were covered with flowers.  I will have to see if my bees did their work.

tycrnp:
Tomatoes and peppers for the most part in my garden. So far, so good. I go to my friend's  house and the U-pick farm for blueberries. They are early,  BIG, and delicious this year! I got some strawberries at another U-pick farm that were also very good.

BeeMaster2:
My wife and I searched all of our blueberry bushes last week and we found no more than a dozen berries. Most years we get 2 to 3 large collenders full every week for up to 7 weeks.  This year, we are hoping the wild blackberries will be a banner year.
 My wife's garden is doing real well. She waited until April to start her spring plants and she is real glad that she did.
Jim

bwallace23350:

--- Quote from: tycrnp on May 20, 2017, 01:26:10 am ---Tomatoes and peppers for the most part in my garden. So far, so good. I go to my friend's  house and the U-pick farm for blueberries. They are early,  BIG, and delicious this year! I got some strawberries at another U-pick farm that were also very good.

--- End quote ---

I wish my blueberries were doing well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version