Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: SEC Football  (Read 34675 times)

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
SEC Football
« on: October 03, 2011, 11:53:36 am »
Well, my beloved Gamecocks fell to Auburn this past weekend but as luck would have it Florida fell to the Crimson Tide. Important to me because the Gamecocks and Gators are now 4-1 teams in the SEC East Division and Im hoping to see S. Carolina make it to the SEC Championship again this year. Keeping my fingers crossed. Alabama looks phenomenal though-they are going to be a tough team to beat.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 02:26:34 pm by VolunteerK9 »

Offline David McLeod

• Field Bee
  • Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
    • Georgia Wildlife Services, Inc
Re: SEC Football
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 01:05:56 pm »
It pained me to see the gamecocks fall to the the aubies. I was hoping to see the Old Ball Coach run the table for an opportunity to see them in Atlanta. Problem is that with Garcia under center that was is never going to happen, he's a friggen headcase. If Spurrier has a fatal flaw it's his loyalty to his quarterback, it's cost him more than one game in his career. This year it'll cost him a shot at Bama.
Probably for the good though as I expect Garcia would wet his pants in front of the defense of the Tide.
Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 02:33:47 pm »
I Problem is that with Garcia under center that was is never going to happen, he's a friggen headcase. If Spurrier has a fatal flaw it's his loyalty to his quarterback, it's cost him more than one game in his career. This year it'll cost him a shot at Bama.
Probably for the good though as I expect Garcia would wet his pants in front of the defense of the Tide.

The only thing I can figure out about why Spurrier keeps him, Garcias parents, Grandparents, someone must be a serious, Alumni contributor. He's horrible. I think he's leading the nation in interceptions already and the season has barely started. ESPN's site has got a Spurrier quote on that says 'expect changes in SC's offense'. They need it and soon.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 02:42:50 pm »
I watched part of the Florida / Bama game.  The Gators looked horrible!  When is Charlie Weiss going to get that offense going?  Like he did at Notre Dame :-D

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 02:47:25 pm »
I watched part of the Florida / Bama game.  The Gators looked horrible!  When is Charlie Weiss going to get that offense going?  Like he did at Notre Dame :-D

Well...my humble .02 is that the program was so totally built around a Tebow style of offense that they have forgotten what life was like before they got him. I think they are having to start all over again from scratch.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 03:39:05 pm »
It will be interesting to watch the Gators vs Volunteers this year.  That was always a heated rivalry when coach Fulmer was around.  The Volunteers might get the best of them this year :)

K9 I agree with you.  That seems to be one of the flaws of the Rich Rodriguez / Urban Meyer designs.  Your whole program is built around one guy; a talented (but rare) option QB.   When he’s gone, the entire program collapses.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 03:46:11 pm »
Oooops!  I see the Gators already beat the Vols!  Asleep at the wheel :-D

Offline David McLeod

• Field Bee
  • Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
    • Georgia Wildlife Services, Inc
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 04:31:45 pm »
When Fat Phil Fuller was still around everybody hated the vols. Glad that lying sack of feces is gone.
Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com

Offline Mason

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 06:09:51 pm »
LSU vs Alabama will be for all the marbles
Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 08:04:30 pm »
Until the Florida/Bama game Florida looked pretty unstoppable folks. They were kickin' but big time. Alabama is just a superior talent with one heck of a coach. I'm actually a little concerned about our tigers playing Florida. Our offense can be a little shaky at times.

The Bama/LSU game should be an awesome match up but first we need to get past Florida.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 09:01:36 pm »
When Fat Phil Fuller was still around everybody hated the vols. Glad that lying sack of feces is gone.

Fulmer is a nice enough guy, its just that UT fans expected National Championship titles year after year since 98 and it wasnt happening.The they got Boy Wonder Kiffin that was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread til he bailed on them after the first year. Heard they were going to name a landfill after him :)

The Bama/LSU game should be an awesome match up but first we need to get past Florida.

...JP

Florida wont be a problem for the Tigers now JP. They lost their starting QB against Bama and the poor kid that replaced him had the 'deer in the headlight' look. He did his best, but as a true freshman in the toughest conference in the nation, he's got his job cut out for him.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 10:20:13 am by VolunteerK9 »

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 09:36:50 am »
LSU Florida should be good.
LSU Bama will be for all the marbles circle nov 5 that will be the day the national champion should be crowned
its a shame the SEC beats each other to death all year then some garbage slips in as the number 2 and plays for a championship

Keith

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 10:22:51 am »
LSU Florida should be good.
LSU Bama will be for all the marbles circle nov 5 that will be the day the national champion should be crowned
its a shame the SEC beats each other to death all year then some garbage slips in as the number 2 and plays for a championship

Keith

Yeah thats what Ive said for a long time. The SEC just hammers away at each other all year long, suffering injuries all the way and then a team that has played the equivalent on Junior Varsity team all year gets the lime light. Boise State comes to mind. 

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 10:26:58 am »
Keith, how you been brother? Ready for more Mother's?  ;)

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2011, 08:47:31 am »
Always ready for mothers

Keith

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 10:16:26 am »
When you coming down?

...JP

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2011, 01:01:44 pm »
Football Saturday!!!!

I'll spend all day today glued in front of the TV yelling, hooping and hollering :)

My predictions:

Georgia over Tennessee, LSU over Florida, Gamecocks hopefully over Kentucky (SC finally benched Garcia) . Those are the 3 main ones that I will be watching today. Keeping fingers crossed.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 02:22:06 pm »
When it’s sunny and in the 80s in Michigan in October to boot, it’s a rare thing!  I’m skipping the football today to soak up some sun outside :)  I'll pop back in to check the scores on the computer every so often.

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2011, 01:35:26 pm »
Pop the caps off some cold ones, nuc up some wings and turn the tv on to watch me some Gamecocks vs. Mississippi in Starksville. Hoping they will put a SEC East flogging on some Bulldogs. Garcia is finally gone due to a little smoking herb and drinking liquid tater juice infraction (again) so we will see how Connor Shaw can handle his second full game in the commanders seat.

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2011, 12:06:05 pm »
LSU vs Alabama will be for all the marbles

Its that time..This is THE big one.Your 2011 National Championship Winner will come from this game today. Alabama vs. LSU. My marbles are going to the Tide on this one.

anything