Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: PNW swarm week  (Read 936 times)

Offline JackM

• Field Bee
PNW swarm week
« on: May 21, 2017, 09:03:34 am »
Curious if I am right here, so if you find swarms this week in Oregon or Washington, West slope, respond.  The poor bees have been hunkered down out of the rain, missing most of spring.  But they have been working hard on building up the hive size and now with this threatened nice hot, dry weather, me thinks there will be many swarms in the next week.

Have not had any luck locating my queen in my only surviving hive, I expect them to swarm any second.  Two bait hives went out yesterday in hopes that she will move in.

Regardless, my interest is if my prediction is correct.  Let me know, and enjoy a week without rain!!!!!!!!
Jack of all trades
Master of none.

Offline minz

• House Bee
Re: PNW swarm week
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 11:10:51 am »
Check them every day for queen cells. They usually will not swarm until they have one. The day it is capped is the day they are gone! I have no idea what they are going to do this year they kind of missed their window due to weather. Hives are so lite I would almost think they would just try and supercede their queens.
Poor decisions make the best stories.

Offline JackM

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 08:47:49 am »
agreed
Jack of all trades
Master of none.

Offline minz

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 04:25:51 pm »
sorry that should have said 'every 10 days' for qc. for some reason the cut and paste on this site does not work well.
Poor decisions make the best stories.

anything