Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A Couple Questions  (Read 1195 times)

Offline MustbeeNuts

• Field Bee
    • Great White Betta
A Couple Questions
« on: May 10, 2008, 08:13:43 am »
Being a cheap person, I have been surfing for the book, ABC/XYZ of Beekeeping, you know the one, well i found dozens of them, lots of revisions, I found some good value ones from it seems different authors, Roger Morse (the original?), Then I found some by AI Root? which of these is the correct version or author to get. Or has like everyone just rewrote it for a newer look. I'm kinda confused here. And if I wanted a used copy, also should I get the highest level of revision or are they still all pretty much the same.

Second question, I checkerboarded my new hives yesterday, what BAD thing could this due, did I set myself or the bees up for a fall, could or did  this make the brood to far apart for them to keep warm, it got pretty cold AGAIN last night. 39'f   I went with from the center out              EEBEBBEBEE leaving two brood in the center, the two I moved had been started but slow, I just got impatient.  Hope it wasn't too bad a move. I did keep orientation.
Each new day brings decisions,  these are  new branches on the tree of life.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: A Couple Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 12:56:08 pm »
All of the ABC XYZ are published by Root.  All of them I have list A.I. Root as the Author.  Most have a list of editors or revisers.  I have five of them from the 1877 version to the most recent.  I think you would enjoy any of them.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything