Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Moving Honey from One Hive to Another  (Read 4605 times)

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Moving Honey from One Hive to Another
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2019, 02:14:04 pm »
Unless somehow you know a honey is exclusively some varietal take care when selling any with such a claim.  New testing is allowing both the quick determination of if a honey has been adulterated, but also what plant the nectar came from.  I say this as it is as I understand it not terribly plausible for a bee hive to exclusively have any one kind of source. 

What I do, because I do sell to the public, I say that my spring honey is "Primarily" whatever plant I think it is.  keeps the hair splitters out of your hair.

That is a nice looking honey!
Good advice, BAH.  I?m not selling any honey this year though, since this was my first honey harvest. I?m keeping it all to myself! :tongue:  :cheesy:  :grin:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Moving Honey from One Hive to Another
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2019, 06:41:36 am »
https://beemaster.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=52955.0;attach=5100;image

You had a good first harvest and the honey is beautiful!!!! But as far as the bragging and rubbing it in I simply say
 :tongue:   :grin:
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.