BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > HONEYBEE REMOVAL

Call for a cut out

(1/4) > >>

Occam:
Just got a call last night from a guy that, from what he described, saw the swarm either move in or was just moved in based on the amount of bees he was describing. He'd like them removed so I'm going to see about helping him out next week. Having a regular job puts a real damper on bee stuff. I'll be interested to see if the heat signature increases significantly before I can get back there

iddee:
You might want to consider a trapout. With little or no stores, it shouldn't take long.

https://beemaster.com/forum/index.php?topic=20301.0

Occam:
I'll definitely look at it and take that as a serious option

BeeMaster2:
Occam,
If they just moved in I would definitely just smoke the heck out of it and force them out. It can bee done if there is no brood in it. Make sure you have a lot of material above the burning material so that it cools the smoke. You don?t want a flame thrower that would set the house on fire. The sooner you do it the easier it is to move them out. Have a box ready for them to fill when they are ready to come out. If you have any, spray Beequick into the top of the smoker. You could do this one in the evening with a red light.
Jim Altmiller

Occam:
That's a thought also. I would think that if it's been roughly a couple weeks they would have some brood already though, right? No way to confirm on this one without opening the wall some. I'm also honestly a little hesitant to try after my failed tree smoke out attempt last summer...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version